Statues of Christopher Columbus were destroyed and defaced overnight in Boston and Richmond on Wednesday – the latest in a wave of attacks on historical monuments by George Floyd protesters. Most of the violence was directed at Confederate memorials in southern cities.
But Columbus, once celebrated for the ‘discovery’ of the New World, is reviled for brutally treating the indigenous people found there. On Wednesday at 12:30 pm, Boston police officers responded to a call for vandalism against the Columbus statue in the city, the Post Office department said.
A member of the media went to check the statue and noticed that it had been decapitated, he said. Fragments and various parts of the statue were found nearby. Area detectives and the department’s civil rights department are investigating the crime. In Virginia, a bronze statue of Columbus was found face down, submerged on the edge of a lake in Richmond. Read more by clicking on the link in our biography.
- Mandana Naderian
- Is Iran ready to attack Israel?
- The Eurocentric Approach to Iranian Studies
- Medical tourism in Iran
- Iran reach to Geo Orbit
- Blood Test Shows People’s Age
- America will soon be fleeing the West Asian region
- Iran apparently sends five oil tankers to Venezuela
- Shiraz best places
- The Iranian currency plunged against the US dollar
- Microsoft puts sales calls to rest with TikTok
- Persian architecture IRAN
- Madschles , iranische Parlament
- Flugzeugträger in den Persischen Golf
- Shiraz ancient city of Iran
- Rain on me
- Main ancient fire temples in Iran
- The best Armenia hotels
- Hotels in Mashhad, Khorasan
- Disintegration of the United States
- Corona patients Heals by bee stings
- Israel behind of the Beirut explosion
- Iran 0 Schiedsrichter 1
- Iran Airports
- Pink lake, Maharlo, Shiraz, IRAN
- DREAD Spy Project
- Merkel does not want to deny responsibility to Trump